The use of Solar Energy has started to increase rapidly and most of the sectors now use Solar Energy for power consumption. Using Solar Energy helps to reduce pollution along with reducing hazardous emission.
But guess what?
Installing them is super risky and is a bit time-consuming.
Below are the few instances where fire occurs:
- When you connect wrongly.
- When solar components/ Balance of System (BOS) is not properly designed.
- When you don’t install a lightning arrestor.
- When there is an electrical loose connection.
- When there is a damage in the PV system.
Precautionary measures to be taken:
- Choose the correct design
- Make sure your installer is a certified professional (Technician/ Installer Engineer).
- Have regular maintenance practice.
- Never connect the positive and negative terminal for a single panel and the batteries as it leads to short circuit condition.
- Make sure you wear a Personal Protection Equipment (Helmet, Goggles, Nose mask, Safety shoe, Gloves, Ear muf, Body harness, Reflecting jackets) while working.
- Creating awareness associated with safety measure will help reduce the accidents.